What is the STAR Method?
This is a great technique to help you prepare for, and answer, interview questions. It lets you highlight your skills and keep track of your examples in the best way possible. It stands for;
- Situation: context for the interviewer, describe the situation.
- Task: what did you aim to achieve?
- Action: explain what you did in order to complete what you set out to achieve. (This is the most important part - focus most of your time here)
- Result: What you achieved, what you learnt, what you would do differently.
Read through these articles to prep you for your interview;
- How to nail your telephone interview
- Got a Skype or video interview? No problem
- Dealing with Interview nerves and boosting your confidence
- The how-to's for competency-based interview questions
- The how-to's for strength-based interview questions
- 9 tricky interview questions you should prep for