How should I answer interview questions?
The simple STAR method is a very good way of preparing and answering questions, and keeping on track of what you have said. It consists of;
- Situation: context for the interviewer, describe the situation.
- Task: what did you aim to achieve?
- Action: explain what you did in order to complete what you set out to achieve. (This is the most important part - focus most of your time here)
- Result: What you achieved, what you learnt, what you would do differently.
Here are some types of interview questions you can practice the STAR method with;
- 9 tricky interview questions you should prep for
- The how-to's for competency-based interview questions
- The how-to's for strength-based interview questions